To begin... this is a pre-made base, from cheapie shop, that I painted with gold metallic paint...2 coats were enough. I've used an acrylic bristled brush as I love the smooth finish.

Mark and paint harlequin design. I had planned for the harlequin design to completely cover the left side of the mask, but found it a bit tricky keeping the design straight, so I adjusted my design to cover a smaller part instead. Mix silver metallic paint with Turquoise to give a frosted effect.

Outline harlequin pattern with Kindy Glitz.

Paint flourishes on side and highlight pattern with Kindy Glitz. My original idea was to stamp the flourishes with AL stamps,got nervous about possible smudging so I decided to do them free hand with a small brush. Hot glue velvet ribbon to edges of mask for a finishing touch.

Select matching feathers and adhere to mask using hot glue. Cover glue spot using faux wax seal. The faux wax seal was made by making a puddle of hot glue onto the reversed side of a dinner plate then lightly spraying a patterned button with cooking oil and pressing the button into the hot glue. Leave the button pressed into the glue until the glue cools, then remove. This leaves the impression of the button. Paint with acrylic paints to suit.



3 comments:
Wow This is just awesome! love everything about your ..fantastic
aren't you just a little bundle of hidden talent - we will have to catch up for a chat - been too long.
Heather! Fabulous work hun, love it all, I love your step by step preocess:):)
Post a Comment