Thursday, December 20, 2012

Xmas cards...


These are this years Xmas cards...as usual I had one small idea and then stumped on what to do with it. The stars were the beginning, I knew I wanted to use some washi tape.  Decided to cut the stars from the turquoise but couldn't decide on secondary colour. After looking through my many washi tapes I decided on the magenta-ish colour. Scored the stars to create the nautical 3D, but then had to work out the adhering. The cork solved that. Sprayed the doily with a mix of Merlot Gold and Rum Punch to get close to the pink. A good old Autumn Leaves stamp and black pen to finish off. These are the basic ones, the ones that will end up thrown away. Got some special ones to create for some special ladies.




On a sad note......Bertie is not himself....he cut these blue stars and then with the 2nd sheet he stopped working. He runs through the motions but isn't cutting, just scratching the surface of the card. I can't change the speed, pressure or size of cuts. I've tried the troubleshooting to reset him 5 times now, but so far no luck. Last attempt was last night. He's turned off and unplugged. Maybe he just needs a break. Fingers crossed. Got a toll free number to call tomorrow in hope that something can be done.

No comments: