Thursday, October 2, 2008

Just some camera play

These are my latest results from playing with my 400D - which I happened to leave the instruction book at home for...great move seeing the play was meant to get into the nitty gritty of functions...but without any help...(nearly called a Beastie or two...LOL...to work out how to change Apperture....) I acheived some pleasing results..a nice weekend away and a 20th floor room at the Gold Coast's Sofitel Hotel made the pics a little easier...first is Sunset....and the following ones are Sunrise the next day..all overlooking the Pacific Ocean from our balcony.....so that only left a little skill and practice...the easy part was the perfect location.....I played with the manual settings to achieve these....just wish I'd remembered to add the polarize lens...just to get a different look...realized that Sunrise shots aren't that easy to capture...for all of these I had about 6 out of the 20 odd shots that were completely unusable..but then that's the joy of digital isn't it?? Took some night light ones....some will pass as being 'Arty' but I'll have to do some editing to make the others a little better...but for now enjoy!!!! and please tell me what you think..















3 comments:

CreativeMe68 said...

Heather great photos darl!! Havent been over to your neck of the woods for a weeee while. Lovin your journal! Catch u around the CC halls of cyber space.
Luv Shaz

Gayatri said...

Wow that just beautiful photos. Stunning.

Angela said...

Oh so love these photo's Heather, I just adore sunset and sunrise photographs. TFS Brilliant and cant wait to see more!!;)

Hugs Angie